Advent: The Church's New Year
Reverend Evan's sermons can be found under the "blog" section of the website
In-person worship: Sundays 10:00am Holy Communion (Eucharist); Church of the Incarnation, 15 Clairtrell Drive, North York, ON, M2N 5J7
Beyond Sundays! Upcoming events in the church or surrounding parish community (from November 20th to December 20th):
1. Come and sing Christmas songs and Carols Sunday December 10th at 5pm. Led by our choir director Karen Rymal, her soloist students, and members of the Incarnation choir
2. Monday at 1pm: a guided discussion exploring the philosophical, historical, and Scriptural questions involved in answering the question: 'what is Advent?'
3. Tuesday at 1pm: a time for prayer, reflection, meditation, writing, and potentially discussion on readings, poems and the music of Advent
4. Tuesday at 2:30pm: a time for fellowship at the Letterari Coffee shop (beside the LCBO on the East side of Bayview Mall)
5. Wednesday at 10am: Men's fellowship group at the Tim Horton's in Wedgewood Plaza
6. Wednesday at 1pm: Mid-week prayer with a study and discussion of the Scripture readings for the upcoming Sunday
1. To listen to God's Word communicated to us in Scripture through our worship and prayer. This practice begins and grows out of our Sunday Communion/Eucharist worship service at 10:00am
2. To seek, ask, and open ourselves to God as he transforms our thoughts, words and actions. This takes place in our various community groups and other worship and learning opportunities like Morning Prayer, Scripture conversations and prayer groups.
2. To proclaim the Good News of the Kingdom to others. This takes place as we go out from our worship and prayer into our surrounding communities where we live and work.
2. To teach, baptize and nurture new believers
3. To respond to human need by loving service
4. To seek to transform unjust structures of society, to challenge violence of every kind and to pursue peace and reconciliation
5. To strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and sustain and renew the life of the earth.
This Divinely given mission begins with receiving God's Word and life and offering ourselves back to him through worship on Sundays at 10:00am. All are welcome.
NEW OFFERINGS: WORSHIP, LEARNING AND FELLOWSHIP
Monday November 20th through to Wednesday December 20th:
1pm at the church in Reverend Evan's office: Course on; "what is Advent"; and why do we celebrate it each year: Guiding questions: What sort of hope did the people of God expect? How do John the Baptist and Mary embody that understanding?
7pm on zoom: course on our liturgy, the prayer book lectionary, and how this leads us, yearly,
through the life, death and resurrection of Christ over the course of our lives
1pm at the church in Reverend Evan's office: This will be an opportunity, starting two weeks before Advent, to pray, reflect, meditate, and if desired, talk about those things that we need or want to do to experience God more deeply in our lives. This will include an initial prayer, then reading an Advent poem, then a time, with instrumental Advent music, to examine, reflect, write, think about, pray, to simply be still and quiet. The intent is to allow ourselves to come before God and to experience his
presence more deeply than the hustle and bustle of our world often allows.
2:30pm in the Bayview Mall food Court (outside the coffee shop Letterari and the LCBO): coffee and social time to catch up and talk about what's on your mind!
7pm on Zoom: Scripture Conversation (bible study). We'll spend time with some questions to get us thinking about the previous week's Old Testament reading and how it relates to our Gospel reading.
10am at Tim Horton's (in a plaza at Yonge and Wedgewood Drive: 4750 Yonge Street): men's group. A great social gathering chatting about whatever topic happens to come up!
1pm at the church in Reverend Evan's office: Mid-day prayer with reflection on the readings for the upcoming Sunday
Once a month
Mental Health small group meeting usually the third Monday of each month on Zoom 7:00-8:30pm
Friday pub nights with the folks from St. George's on Yonge: come on out every second Friday of the month at 6:30pm at The Frog (4854 Yonge St, M2N 5N2), as we gather for dinner, drinks, fellowship and discussion
We coordinate our outreach ministry through The Diocese of Toronto's FaithWorks Ministries.
FaithWorks is a charitable programme of the Anglican Diocese of Toronto. It offers support to Ministry Partners as they serve the needs of people who are Indigenous, homeless, hungry, at-risk women, children or youth, immigrants or refugees, or struggling with HIV/AIDS. FaithWorks helps these partner organizations build communities of compassion and hope.
Please click on the "More" button below to find out the latest updates to these outreach projects